Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Otis Redding Volt Singles

















Otis Redding

Volt Singles

01 - Come to me............................... (Volt V-7603)
02 - Don't leave me this way................. (Volt V-7602)
03 - Glory of love.............................. (Volt VLT-12625 SP)
04 - I'm coming home.......................... (Volt VLT-12626 SP)
05 - Sweet Lorene.............................. (Volt VLT-13685-MO)
06 - Ole man trouble........................... (Volt VLT-9178)
07 - Respect..................................... (Volt VLT-9108)
08 - That's what my heart needs............. (Volt V-1100)
09 - That's how strong my love is............. (Volt V-124 VLT-8443)
10 - Mary's little lamb.......................... (Volt V-1089)
11 - Sittin' on the dock of the bay............ (Volt 45-157)
12 - I've got dreams to remember............ (Atco 68-C-14485-PL)







One time in the mid 1970s a friend of mine and I were walking down Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood late one Saturday night.  Suddenly, as we passed by one of the night clubs, a drunk stumbled out of the club's front door and slammed right into my friend.   After a few moments of confusion my friend and the drunk recovered their footing and stood there looking at each other.  The drunk was Jack Nicolson.

"Do you know what time it is?"  Jack asked my friend.

My friend looked at his watch and told Jack Nicolson the time.

"Thanks."  Jack said and turned and walked away.

My friend and I stood there looking at each other like did that really just happen.

Sunset Boulavard.

Another time a different friend and I were in a liquor store on Sunset buying some beer and causually talking about Bob Dylan.

Suddenly we heard a voice from behind us say, "Ah, he's just a phony."

We turned around to look at the speaker.

It was Jimmy Durante.

"Bob Dylan is a big phony!" Jimmy Durante said and waved his hand down like he was fully fed up with the guy.  Then he turned and walked out the door.

My friend and I looked at each other like did that really just happen?

Later that night the two of us were polishing off a few beers and laughing about how much having Jimmy Durante pop out of nowhere and give his opinion in our conversation was just like a Bob Dylan song.  And it was.






  
















Jimmy Durante



Anyway, I've always loved Sunset Boulevard.

Sometime in the mid-1990's I was hanging out on Sunset Boulevard when I ran across a little used record store.  In the 1990's CD's were coming into fashion and everyone was selling their vinyl.  There were little used record shops popping up all over Los Angeles.  I remember it was late in the evening when I stepped into that new record store.  Always a joy.  It was a small shop filled with used LP's and a ton of singles.  Much to my pleasure I found out that they were having a clearance sale.  Everything was being discounted.

A couple hours later I walked out of the place with a big box full of 45 singles.  Those were the days my friends.

Among those singles was a pile of old Otis Redding Volt singles.  Let me tell you, those Otis Redding singles were to become records that I truly loved.  Some of them were pretty scratched up but some of them played beautifully.  That's how it is with used singles.  I can't tell you how many times I sat up at night playing them.  Really lovely music.  I like the old red and black Volt labels too.  

Let's see how long I can leave these files up.

For the time being these files are HERE.

Last time I posted these files I had to take them down pretty quick.  So hurry up damn it lol.

Update:  

OK, OK, I got the message from above... copywrite claim.  I hope you were quick and downloaded these wonderful tunes while they were up.  

In any case, there's always a ton of Otis Redding for sale HERE.













Otis Redding








Hippie for Life































.

.






.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve just gone cold!!! Beautiful

grooVemonzter said...

@anonymous - Thanks for commenting. Really beautiful music.