Saturday, November 4, 2023

Scientist in Dub Vol 1





album:  Scientist in Dub Volume 1
artist:  Scientist / Roots Radics
label: Jah Guidance
year: 1981


This, my friends, is a killer album.

Murder in the first degree.

I'm surprised the demons from up in the cloud let me keep it posted.  

I had the original pressing of this record in my record collection once upon a time.  When I sold the bulk of my records back in Miami back in the early 2000's it was one of the records I sold.  I got a very nice bid on it which was nice.  But...

For the most part when I sold my records I was relieved to get rid of them.  Try moving some day with 7000 LPs.  It's a pain.  So I felt no small sense of relief when I sold them off.  But...

One day a friend of mine asked me if I regretted selling any of them and I had to confess the only record that I actually regretted selling was my original copy of Scientist in Dub Volume 1.

"Regrets, I've had a few..." Frank Sinatra

Yes, I regretted selling it.  For years I mourned its loss.  And then one day I was wandering around Amoeba records in Hollywood and I found the repressing.  A brand new reissue copy of the record sealed in plastic.  My pupils dilated.  I picked it up and held it in my hands.  It was like holding the ghost of a long lost friend.  I held it and looked at it and bought it without hesitation.

It had the same cover as the original.

It had the same music as the original.

It was as near a copy of the original as the manufacturers could make but...

I still miss the original.

That's life my friends.









 





















.




No comments: