Sunday, July 19, 2020

Super Sweet Talks



That had had had moment...

I used to have a lot of records. I mean A LOT of records. One day I tried to count them all and came up with 7000 records.  I loved them but in all honesty I also hated them.  I loved them because seriously what man does not love music?  But I hated them because they were so so heavy.  Can you imagine moving with 7000 records.  That, my friends, is not easy.  7000 records weighs a couple of tons.  By 2007 my records filled an entire room and they had begun to feel like a weight on me.  A ball and chain tied to my soul.

My vast record collection came to an end during the period of 2007 to 2009.

In 2007 I was living in Miami Florida and the job that I had had had suddenly come to an end and quite frankly I just didn't want to get a new job.

That my dear friends was when grooVemonzter came to life.

In 2007 I set up a store on eBay under the name grooVemonzter and began selling my records.

I must say it was beautiful.

From 2007 to 2009 I lived by the beach in Miami and slowly sold off my records...

Yes, yes, it hurt to sell some of them.

Well, actually I didn't sell all of them.  I slowly sold off about 6000 records and that gave me enough cash to live for 2 years.

For 2 years I listed my records on eBay.  I shipped them off at the post office.  And I spent the rest of my time hanging out at the beach.  In a word... It was sweet.

But now it's 2020 and what am I driving at?  What am I leading up to?  What gives grooVemonzter?

Folks, I'm moving again.  And this is the big one.

Along the way I met a beautiful young woman who lived on a little island in the South Pacific and I married her...

Yes, that was a huge change of subject I know.

But I did.  I did just that.  I met a lovely young woman on a small island in the South Pacific.  I married her in 2014.  We now have two lovely children and we are getting ready to move to that little island in the South Pacific to live happily ever after.

And I'm selling the last of my records.

So, consider this an announcement.

I have set up a store on Discogs under the name grooVemonzter and I am selling the last of my records.  I've just set up the store so it will take a while but I'm posting more records every day.

Like this sweet record from the Super Sweet Talks

So drop on by @ grooVemonzter at Discogs


---------------------------------------------------

4 sale

artist: A.B.Grentsil and the Super Sweet Talks International Band

album: Mewo Road

side one: Atea Special / Sunsum Biara Nni Ho





side two

I don't know / Mewo Road / Odo Ye Anigye




Personel:

A.B. Crentsil......................................Lead Vocals
J.Y. Thorty..........................................Drums
Tony Mensah......................................Vocals
Solo Mensah.......................................Lead Guitar
Tommy Sly Ampah.............................Bass Guitar
Prince Foster........................................Organ
Tex Korley...........................................Tenor Sax
Prince Kelly Koomson........................Trumpet
Lord Sekyi...........................................Conga

Ekow Tuyee.........................................Rercussion







.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: