Monday, August 21, 2017

Nana McLean - Till I Kiss You (12 inch)




I used to drink a lot more than I do now.  I suppose that's true for many people.  Sometimes, back then, I would go out carousing and then wake up in strange places which, in hind sight, was probably a little dangerous.  But usually I woke up in my own home.

Sometimes I would wake up after an evening out and find a bag of records lying next to me.  Like it's Christmas!  Let's see what Santa brought us.

The 12 inch single pictured above was one such gift from the Angel of Tequila.  I remember waking one Sunday morning and finding it in a bag next to me.  This was sometime around 1980 give or take.  I had hazy memories of stumbling into Rhino Records the night before.  I looked at the label.  Nana McLean?  I muttered.  I put it on the turn table and gave it a spin.  And I thought, oh my, such an innocent and beautiful song.  Innocent and beautiful.  And still wicked.  Nuff respect to Studio One.

song: Till I Kiss You
artist: Nana McLean
label: Studio One
produced by: C. S. Dodd




Till I Kiss You


No comments: