Thursday, January 19, 2023

Sir Shina Adewale Verse 2






artist: Sir Shina Adewale and His Superstars International
album: Super Star Verse 2
year: 1977

track listing:

Eyo Mo Wa
Ori Mi Gbemi Leke
Oluwa Yi Won Lokan Pada
Eda To Molak Kosi
A Dupe Emaseun Eni
Adura Mi Ti Gba
Ope Ni Fun Eledumare
Mi O Sojo Mo
Aigbagbo Bila
Tunde Bakare Balogun
Bola And Kamoru




I've moved to the Philippines and in the process I bought a new computer and I'm having all my files downloaded from Carbonite.  And look what came down!  Sir Shina Adewale Verse 2.  Wow.  It's like my Welcome to the Philippines gift.

I know I say things like this a lot but I had forgotten I had this video.  I must have pulled it off of Youtube sometime back.  If this is your video... Thank you.








It's been a while since I've posted any Juju music.  For those of you who have followed this blog you will remember that I started out posting Juju music.  Theophilus Iwalokun, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Prince Adekunle, Dele Abiodun and, Sir Shina Adewale.  When I first found Sir Shina Adewale's music they totally blew me away.  Their guitar work was and is sublime.  

Segun Adewale and Shina Peters were musicians playing with the great General Prince Adekunle in 1977 when they decided to strike out on their own.  They created the mythical character "Shina Adewale" by combining their names and proceeded to make some great music.  Over the next few years they produced nine albums.  When I first got into their music I hunted high and low and could only find Verse 1, Verse 4 and Verse 7.  This video that I'm posting here, that seems to have downloaded from heaven, is Verse 2.

Spoiler alert, I think we only get side one with this video.  But hey, that's better than a swift poke in the eye.

And oh, I got the images form Discogs.  I'm a bit of a pirate.  That's just the Filipino in me.

Cheers.












.





No comments: