Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Upsetters UK Singles Collection Vol.1




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The COMPLETE UK UPSETTERS SINGLES COLLECTION

volume 1

"Producing is not really a thing you learn. You have a feeling toward the music. Once you know the artist has a good melody line and the voice is good, you can think of the type of rhythm to fit that melody. It's a thing you have to feel." - Lee Perry

I'm leaving Miami.... Making the big move. As I type this passage I am taking a bit of a break from packing my car. In a few days I'm hitting the road and heading for Los Angeles.

Homeward bound. Ah yes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here's a little treat for everyone: The Complete UK Upsetters Singles Collection (volume one). In 1969, Trojan records launched their "Upsetter" subsidary to showcase the best of Lee Perry's production work. The label lasted for three years and during that time issued over 200 titles. This double CD features the first 50 of those recordings. I looked around and I didn't see this posted anywhere so here it is. There's a lot of great music here folks. Maybe the people upstairs will hit me for copyright but hey... fuck 'em. Download it while it's up.

.
See you in Los Angeles.
.
.



CD One:

01 - Lee Perry & The Upsetters - Eight For Eight
02 - Inspirations, The - You Know What I Mean
03 - Upsetters, The - Return Of Django
04 - Upsetters, The - Dollar In The Teeth
05 - David Isaacs - Good Father
06 - Slim Smith - What A Situation
07 - Upsetters, The - Ten To Twelve
08 - Lee Perry - People Funny Fi True
09 - Busty Brown - What A Price
10 - Busty Brown - How Can I Forget
11 - David Isaacs - I've Got Memories
12 - David Isaacs - Leaving On A Jet Plane
13 - Winston Jarrett - Mini Dress
14 - Lee Perry - Mad House
15 - Upsetters, The - Night Doctor
16 - Termites, The - I'll Be Waiting
17 - Busty Brown - To Love Somebody
18 - Bleechers, The - Farmer's In The Den
19 - Silvertones, The - Kiddyo
20 - Silvertones, The - Endlessly
21 - Upsetters, The - Man From M.I.5
22 - West Indians, The - Oh Lord
23 - David Isaacs - He'll Have To Go
24 - David Isaacs - Since You Are Gone
25 - Upsetters, The - Medical Operation



CD Two:

01 - Ravers, The - Badam Bam
02 - Upsetters, The - A Live Injection
03 - Bleechers, The - Everything For Fun
04 - Bleechers, The - Come Into My Parlour
05 - Mellotones, The - Dry Up Your Tears
06 - Upsetters, The - Cold Sweat
07 - Bleechers, The - Pound Get A Blow
08 - Pat Satchmo - Hello Dolly
09 - Busty Brown - King Of The Trombone
10 - Upsetters, The - The Vampire
11 - Bleechers, The - Check Him Out
12 - Upsetters, The - Soulful I
13 - Milton Morris - No Bread And Butter
14 - Bruce Bennett (2) - Who To Tell
15 - Busty Brown - I Can't See Myself Cry About You
16 - Shadows, The (2) - The Dirty Dozen
17 - Shadows, The (2) - Crying Too Long
18 - Upsetters, The - Drugs And Poison
19 - Val Bennett & Upsetters, The - Stranger On The Shore
20 - Nora Dean - The Same Thing That You Gave To Daddy
21 - Upsetter Pilgrims, The - A Testimony
22 - Gaylads, The - The Same Things
23 - Gaylads, The - I Wear My Slanders
24 - Lee Perry - Yakety Yak
25 - Lee Perry & The Upsetters - The Tackro





4 comments:

øשlqæda said...

oh chit, more totally essential dub & schtuff. you beat me fair n' square to this one. 'you're so smart, you are soo smaaaart'... the 2nd disque is one of me favourite tings eva! it's staggering how produktive & prolifik scratch was in the span of one fuggin year! much respekt & happy trails mang

icastico said...

Just a heads-up.
New aboombong is out: amnemonic.
Available “name your price” at http://aboombong.bandcamp.com/album/amnemonic

Don’t sleep on the bonus track offer…
Spread the word.

Cheers.

Casey said...

come to me baby
come to me baby

was looking up a new u. brown 7"
and now i'm scoring the collection
i love you
thanks for sharing

i'm from Miami
i'd rather be in L.A.
but i'm in Brooklyn

Taleah said...

Awesome stuff! I really like it...


http://temptresstaleah.blogspot.com/