Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunny Ade and His African Beats




Sunny Ade and His African Beats

Vol 8: Late Pa Yohanna Gowon

African Songs 4L

side one: Isele Yi Le Ju / Asanlamu-Alaikun

King Sunny Ade - "I started with percussion. At the age of seven, I would like to follow my mother to church and they had some percussion there where they would play traditional music. I always liked to be in between those people playing percussion. From there, I started touching the drums. My mother and family didn't want me to do that though. Occassionally, I would go there and I was very small among the percussionists there. So what I do was I would make sure some people would be covering me so when my mother would look back, I would try to dogde her. One person would be in front of me like a human shield. My father was a real slow, careful man, doing everything in a deliberate way, even moving a chair. But that didn't go with the kind of music I wanted to play - I wanted people to SWEAT. When he died, only my mother could stop me. So I would explain to her, 'this is the world that I want to chose. Let me go.'" -(taken from KSA's interview with Jason Gross, june 1998)

If anyone has the files for side two of this record or for the album cover they would be greatly appreciated. I can always be reached at my youtube channel.

Special thank you to everyone for visiting this blog. Thank you and cheers from Miami, USA.

Music is Universal.

Cole

Also thanks to Toshiya Endo for his Sunny Ade discography.

http://biochem.chem.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~endo/EAAde.html



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

help us get Comfort Ooge pls

Brian D. said...

Have a good break. Thanks for the rare music.

Layrayski said...

Thanks for these music videos! I shared them at facebook once. Hey, come visit us at myspace sometimes.

jideodelola said...

I'm one of your ardent follower, great collections, but difficult downloading some of your music unlike other bloggers.

Please fill me in. Thanks and Regards

grooVemonzter said...

@jameso - I just saw your comment sorry it took so long. Most of the videos I post here are made from files that I found on various other music blogs. I try to always give links to the blog that was the source. However, I do make a few of the video from music in my own collection.. like this one I see. Send me an email and I can post the file on rapidshare. But I don't have a rapidshare account so the files only last for ninety days I think. In any case let me know if you'd like me to post this for you and I will. Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas! Cole